Skip to content
- Ex-position follows the citation and referencing format of MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, seventh edition, with some modifications. Download the journal’s house style here: Style Guide.
- A typical article for the journal should be more than 6,000 words and no more than 10,000 words, including notes. The manuscript should include the title of the article, an abstract of 150-200 words, and 4-6 keywords, and should not have any indication of the author’s identity. On a separate sheet, provide the author’s name, institutional affiliation, position, email address, phone number, and mailing address. The files should be prepared in Word format and submitted by email to the editor at <email@example.com>. (If you do not receive an email acknowledgement from us within seven working days of submission, please re-send your paper to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.)
- In the cover email, please confirm that the article has not previously been published elsewhere in any form and is not currently under review by any other publication venue. Please also indicate in the email if the submission is for the General Articles section or for a specific Feature Topic.
- The journal welcomes manuscripts based on the author’s M.A. thesis or Ph.D. dissertation provided that they are prepared in accordance with the submission requirements of the journal.
- Authors are strongly advised to submit papers at least six weeks prior to the set submission deadline of an issue. The standard review and production process at the journal takes slightly under seven months, but that is primarily for papers deemed readily acceptable in the first round of review. Early submissions shall be processed in a timely fashion; if a paper receives a “revise and resubmit” decision, there is likely time for the author to rewrite it for further review, possibly (though not certainly) leading to acceptance for the target issue.
- Once a paper is accepted for publication, the author is expected to finalize the manuscript promptly and help proofread the article in the production process. The author must ensure the accuracy of all the cited references.
- It is the author’s responsibility to obtain permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the article, including images, figures, and tables.
- All authors publishing in the journal are required to sign a publication agreement to transfer the copyright of the article, including its hardcopy and electronic form, to the journal. The author is entitled to republish the article later provided that permission is sought from the journal and that appropriate credit is given to the journal in the republication.
- Each contributing author will receive a print copy of the issue in which their article appears, along with a PDF file of the article.
- Papers receiving a “revise and resubmit” notice must be resubmitted within a year of the notice date to be considered for publication.