- Ex-position follows the citation and referencing format of MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, seventh edition, with some modifications. Download the journal’s house style here: .
- A typical article for the journal should be more than 6,000 words and no more than 10,000 words, including notes. The manuscript should include the title of the article, an abstract of 150-200 words, and 4-6 keywords, and should not have any indication of the author’s identity. On a separate sheet, provide the author’s name, institutional affiliation, position, email address, phone number, and mailing address. The files should be prepared in Word format and submitted by email to the editor at <email@example.com>. (If you do not receive an email acknowledgement from us within seven working days of submission, please re-send your paper to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.)
- In the cover email, please confirm that the article has not previously been published elsewhere in any form and is not currently under review by any other publication venue. Please also indicate in the email if the submission is for the General Topics section or for a specific Feature Topic.
- Once a paper is accepted for publication, the author is expected to finalize the manuscript promptly and help proofread the article in the production process. The author must ensure the accuracy of all the cited references.
- It is the author’s responsibility to obtain permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the article, including images, figures, and tables.
- Authors publishing in the journal are required to sign a publication agreement to assign the right to publish their work to the journal (and the journal’s sponsor, National Taiwan University Press). The copyright of the contribution remains with the author, and the author is entitled to republish the article later provided that permission is sought from the journal and that appropriate credit is given to the journal in the republication.
- Each contributing author will receive a print copy of the issue in which their article appears, along with a PDF file of the article.
- Papers receiving a “revise and resubmit” notice must be resubmitted within a year of the notice date to be considered for publication.
⋇ Friendly reminder: We ask our reviewers to take into consideration the quality of writing of the submission. Grammatical errors and nonidiomatic phrasings in the manuscript may adversely affect their recommendation.