We are posting this for the National Taiwan University Press —
Book Series Call for Monographs:
East-West Encounters in Literature & Cultural Studies
National Taiwan University Press (NTUP) and University of South Carolina Press (USCP) are launching a new series: East-West Encounters in Literature & Cultural Studies. The Series seeks scholarly works on intercultural encounters in language, literature, drama, and cultural studies, including East-West precolonial, colonial, modern or contemporary contacts. The Series especially welcomes monographs written in English or other languages translated into English.
An anthology of edited essays with a thematic focus is also welcome.
Suggested topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Colonial literature in the countries of the Asian Pacific Rim
- Globalized encounters in media other than literature (e.g., films and new media)
- Transpacific or transatlantic cultural or literary routes/roots
- New cultural identities in literature in neocolonial and global Asia
- Contacts between Asia and Europe or the Americas, including imaginary encounters of the East in the West
- Theoretical paradigms of globality, worlding, cosmopolitanism, or innovative paradigms of cultural influences and exchange
- Convergences and divergences of exile, diaspora, and expatriation in literature or film
- Asian diasporic writing in the new millennium
- Cultural translations of Sinophone, Anglophone, Francophone and/or Hispanophone literatures
- Settlement colonialism and Asia
- Comparative theater/drama
- Cross-lingual studies
All submissions will be assessed by the Series Editors and reviewed by anonymous readers. Please send a book prospectus, the author’s CV, and a sample chapter to the series editors. Once the first-stage assessment is completed and positive, a complete manuscript will be considered for review. The manuscript should employ the most updated MLA format. After the editorial board has approved of the publication, the Series will sign a contract with the author(s).
The monograph will be co-published by NTUP and USCP. Please send your manuscript and required documents to the series editors:
Dr. Paul Allen Miller (email@example.com)
Dr. Bennett Fu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Chishe Li (email@example.com)